This post covers Deloitte’s significant news stories and partnerships from November 2017.
Deloitte November 2017 Media Coverage
Deloitte Fast 500 2017
Deloitte released their fast 500 rankings. In this rankings Deloitte names the fastest growing technology companies in North America.
The Deloitte 2017 North America Technology Fast 500 winners underscore the impact of technological innovation and world class customer service in driving growth, in a fiercely competitive environment. These companies are on the cutting edge and are transforming the way we do business.
The top five of the fast 500 were
- Donuts Inc – communications networking
- Classpass – software New York, Ny
- Toast – Software Boston, Ma
- Aratana Therapuetics – Biotech Leawood, KS
- Theravance Biopharma US, Inc. – Biotech – San Francisco, CA
Deloitte Digital Gaining Ground
Deloitte’s Alicia Hatch was named to Adweek’s list of indispensable executives. She is the CMO of deloitte’s new marketing arm, Deloitte Digital. Her job at Deloitte Digital is to intertwine the creativity of a marketing business with Deloitte’s business knowledge. It’s interesting to see an accounting firm being mentioned in advertising magazine.
Stay up to date on big 4 news and get a free resume template by signing up for our newsletter.
What is a typical day like for a Deloitte partner
Siliconrepublic.com interviewed a Deloitte partner and asked her what a day in the life of a Deloitte partner was like. She said that there is no typical day, but listening to teams and clients is a very important part of being a Deloitte partner.
Deloitte US CEO Cathy Engelbert speaks on 3 trends that are changing accounting
Deloitte’s US CEO spoke at the 110th annual National Association of State Boards of Accountancy Conference. She spoke on the top trends that were going to change the accounting industry.
The 3 trends that she feels will change the industry are
- Technology – she spoke about many people’s fears that technology might replace accountants and how those fears are unfounded.
- Demographics – She spoke to the changing demographics of millennials taking over the workforce
- Client Demands
4 mistakes that will derail your chance of landing a big 4 consulting offer
Business insider wrote an article on how not to screw up your chances at landing an offer with Deloitte. Those 4 things were:
- You forget to do your homework – failure to learn about Deloitte will turn off a Deloitte recruiter.
- You present yourself as too inflexible or too malleable – this means that you should be open to new experiences such as relocation, but don’t be too flippant on your decisions
- Don’t pretend to be something you’re not
- Don’t name drop – don’t try to throw out all the names of all the people you know at Deloitte because your recruiter doesn’t care.
Deloitte’s New Africa Headquarters in Midrand
Deloitte announced that they will be opening new headquarters in Africa. They broke ground on their new Africa headquarters in November 2017. Deloitte partnered with property investment company Atterbury Property to get this property built. This new headquarters will combine Deloitte’s current Woodmead and Pretoria offices into one single location in Waterfall city midrand. The building will have capacity for 5,000 people.
The address will be:
Berlin Road and Magwa Crecent East
Deloitte was named a leader in business transformation by Forrester Research
Forrester uses 19 criteria to rank business transformation providers. This ranking tries to rank consulting firms that can help business going through transformations.
Some quotes from the report:
- “Deloitte shows maturity and innovation in all aspects of strategy and delivery. Their many acquisitions are well integrated with project teams. Their culture is supportive of their direction toward digital, and their partnership structure syncs well with clients seeking a long-term relationship with a strategic supplier. They are very aggressive with using reusable assets, such as DecisionPrint, as a means to accelerate and improve consulting engagements.”
- “Their research and application of organizational change management is the most sophisticated we’ve seen, and their platform, ChangeScout, may finally turn OCM into a science. The way they incent people and change their culture is innovative and supports a consulting model that leverages software assets and specialists over generalists.”
- “As with many of the consultancies in this Forrester Wave, they have shifted to agile delivery using innovation centers; ultra-hip facilities where client and consulting teams use high-tech tools to work through problems together.”
Significant Partnerships And Alliances For Deloitte November 2017
Sqrrl – Cybersecurity
Deloitte partnered with Sqrrl to provide a cyber threat hunting service. Sqrrl is a well known threat hunting service in the cyber security space. Through this partnership Deloitte will be providing threat hunting as a service to its clients.
Sqrrl is an award-winning software that enables sercurity analytst to hunt and investigate threats. This will be especially useful to Deloitte since they were recently hacked in a cyber attack. Maybe next time they can see the threat coming before it hits them.
Insurance Blockchain Platform
Deloitte partnered up with Blockchain startup Stratumn to complete a trial blockchain involving 14 French insurance companies. The trial was started by the French Federation of Insurers. On Stratumn’s website, they say that this is the most advanced blockchain in the insurance space. Deloitte’s role is to help test thte blockchain. The blockchain technology will help consumers comply with laws while changing insurance carriers. In France, consumers are allowed to easily change insurers, so there is some legal compliance that comes along with this and the new blockchain solution will help comply with that law while allowing consumers to switch insurance carriers.
Amazon Web Services for Life Sciences
Deloitte built out more solutions for its ConvergeHealth platform. Deloitte’s ConvergeHealth platform provided clients built on Amazon web services. It enabled Deloitte’s clients to analyze data across the pharmaceutical value chain. Deloitte added AWSCloudFormation, Amazon Redshift, AWS Glue and AWS Lambda to their AWS platform.
Deloitte also achieved Amazon Web Services Life Science Competency status. This recognized Deloitte for being able to build life science solutions on the AWS platform.
Oil Recovery Solution
Deloitte partnered with French Oil recovery firm FOROIL on a digital oil recovery solution. This partnership will allow upstream customers to enhance production and oil reserves. It will use FOROIL’s production forecasting and field development tools while using Deloitte’s implementation services.
Deloitte Client Work November 2017
Deloitte advised Herts on their divestiture of their brazil opertaions to Localiza Rent a Car. Obviously most people know hertz, but Localiza is the largest rental car network in South America.
Lloys Banking group hired to Deloitte to manage its sale of its Irish portfolio of more than 5 billion euro of mortgage loans.
Deloitted acted as the exclusive financial advisor to Virtex enterprises on its recapitalization with Insight Equity Holdings, LLC. VirTex is a leading provider of electronic manufacturing services for original equipment manufacturers in a variety of end markets.